The Aesthetic Extender Symposium is proud to offer the
Certified Aesthetic Nurse Specialist (CANS) Exam
Thursday, October 12, 2017 • 1:00 PM
Registration for the CANS Exam and the Aesthetic Extender Symposium must be completed separately..
The fee for the exam is $195 for ASPSN members and $295 for non-members which includes a non-refundable application fee of $25. Unfortunately, we cannot offer online or onsite registrations for the exam.
In order to sit for the exam, a nurse must complete an application for the exam and submit to the exam bureau. All applications must be postmarked by August 18th for the CANS exam. Applications can be found at www.psncb.org/cans-exam.cgi and click the box that says "CANS Exam Application". There is a late fee deadline of 9/1/2017 and there will be a $25 late fee added to your application.
Certification indicates the highest degree of professional competence in your specialty. The CANS exam will focus on the following areas: Aesthetic Injectables, Light, Laser, and Energy based therapies, and Clinical Skin Care.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the United States, its territories or Canada.
- Work in collaboration or in a practice with a physician that is Board Certified within one of the following specialties: Plastic/Aesthetic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, or Facial Plastic Surgery (ENT)
- Minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience as a registered nurse within one of the listed core specialties above in a general staff, administrative, teaching, or research capacity within five (5) years prior to application.
- Have spent at least 1,000 practice hours within the core specialties during two (2) of the preceding two (2) years.
- Have your Supervising Core Physician endorse your application
Nurses who do not meet all of the above criteria will not be permitted to take the exam
For information about test preparation, please contact the Plastic Surgical Nursing Certification Board (PSNCB) at 877-337-9315.